Monday, April 16, 2012

The Zoo and Sour Cream Chicken

This weekend seems like it flew by but it’s been really fun/busy. The biggest adventure we had was going to the zoo with our little nephews which was a blast. My favorite animals were the elephants and the giraffes. The boys liked the Tigers and the birds (mostly the random Peacocks running around the zoo).
Jace and I with Noah by the Elephants
Jake, Marci, Noah and Owen 
I cant help but laugh at Owen's pose
Jace and I by the Rhino's 
Love Noah's excitment in this picture
Owen's new best friend 
Our monkey pose.

Saturday was rainy and cold so we weren’t able to get much yard work done like I wanted but it was my little sisters first Prom so I went and helped her get ready. So weird to picture her going to dances. Saturday night after we got her sent off to Prom, Jace and I went to the Bountiful temple with my parents to go to a session. It was the first time I had been back to do a session so it was good to go and hear everything again since the first time was awhile ago. After the temple we went to dinner at Chili’s with my parents and little brother which was great.

Paige and her prom date
Getting ready to go to the temple (notice my cute new Target dress I found on sale for $20!) 
This picture cracks me up-Jace was cold Fridy night watching movies so he wrapped himself up in our orange fuzzy blanket and wouldn't share with me.

Sunday we had church and then for dinner over here. I made one of Jace’s favorite meals, Sour Cream Chicken.

Sour Cream Chicken
Karen Lewis

Ingredients:
1 large package of chicken
1 container of sour cream
1 cup mayo
2-3 cans of cream of chicken
1 bunch green onions
2 tsp. lemon juice
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Trim the chicken and cut into half if large pieces. Season the chicken with garlic salt, onion salt, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix all other ingredients together for sauce and spread over chicken. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours covered with foil. Take foil off and cook for another 15 minutes, serve over rice.

I forgot to take a picture of the Sour Cream Chicken but its defiantly delicious. My mom always made this for us growing up and was all of our favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment