Monday, April 30, 2012

Louisiana Sand Drags

Well this past week Jace and I were down in Gilbert, Louisiana for some sand drags. His dad has multiple bikes that Jace and his younger brother Jedd ride every year for him. I end up going to just watch and hang out, get some sun and caught up on my magazines :) This year Jace did really well and won first in the Bracket racing as well as a few 2nd places in other classes (couldn’t even begin to tell you what the classes were called). His brother Jedd also won 3 1st places and a few 2nd places. No one got hurt which is always the best news and it was a fun but long week. I don’t think we got to bed before 230am once all week. It was also pretty hot all week. I have some pictures and videos from the week (at the end of this post). Since I’m sure 99% of people don’t know what sand drag racing is, you have to see the videos to understand what it is. They go the length of a football field and the bikes Jace and Jedd ride typically range from 70-90 mph (roughly) and go anywhere from 3.3 seconds-4.0 seconds down the track (again roughly-too many numbers for me to keep track of).  Their dad has been into it for years and I had honestly never heard of the sport until I meet Jace. It’s defiantly a different sport but something his family has done forever so I’ve grown to know it myself.

Jace and I
Working on one of the bikes. 
Not working 
Jace at the line, getting ready to race
My sexy hubby getting tired one night. 
Dennis (Jace's dad on left) and Jace on the bike.
Jace and I waiting for some more races

Note the videos are just from my phone so not great quality and also the noise of the bikes are loud/pretty annoying so might want to turn down your volume :) This one is of Jace.


This isn't Jace riding but its fastest bike down there (went 127mph one run I think) so just had to upload it. Skip to about 30 seconds in since the first half of the video nothing happens.




No comments:

Post a Comment