Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pool Side Dip

The other day on Pintrest I found a recipe for a “Pool Side Dip”. It looked and sounded delicious so last night I decided to try it out.

Pool Side Dip
Pintrest-not liked to a page so no credit, sorry!

Ingredients:
1 red pepper, diced
2 jalapenos, unseeded
1 can of corn
½ can of diced olives
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
Directions: Mix all together and serve with crackers. (I served with Fritos chips and it was delicious!)
This turned out so good. We had this along with Chicken Quesadillas for a super easy/fast meal. I was worried Jace wouldn’t like it since he doesn’t like much of anything with corn in it and is pretty selective on most veggies but he wouldn’t stop eating it. Just a note of caution though. I rarely use fresh jalapenos, so about a ½ hour after I had mixed up the dip my nose itched and I itched it thinking I would be ok since I had washed my hands multiple times already. It was not ok! My nose started burning and my eyes started watering. I tried running cold water on it to make it stop burning. Jace suggested I use milk so I soaked a paper towel in milk and rubbed that on my nose. That was the only thing that helped but it was pretty miserable so I would recommend using gloves when dealing with the jalapenos. Other than that it was super yummy and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment