Monday, April 23, 2012

Truck is Fixed!

So this past week has been a little crazy. If you remember about a month ago we bought a “new” truck. Then about 2 weeks after that the truck started making funny noises and Jace thought it was the turbo’s  so he pulled apart the truck and replaced those hoping it would fix the problem Well after all that it still didn’t work so he had a friend who works on diesel’s come check it out and we were informed the whole motor was shot. So this past Tuesday we went and bought a new motor. I wasn’t very excited about having to spend so much money on a truck we just got but I was even more shocked when they told us what they wanted to charge to install the motor ($14K roughly). Luckily my husband is amazing (even though he would never admit it) and decided he could just figure it out on his own. I wasn’t sure how he was going to do this since it’s a huge motor and seems overwhelming and I was sure it was going to take him a month but sure enough he had it all done in about 4 days (just working on it at nights). He managed to use our Bobcat to lift the old motor out and then place the new motor in with the help of his brothers (thank you Jake and Jedd!) Jace works on a lot of machines and vehicles but he has never been this dirty/covered in grease as he was working on the truck. Every night for 4 nights straight I would have to scrub his clothes with Dish dawn soap (the best thing to get grease out!) and soaked in Oxy Clean then wash on a high steam setting but miraculously everything came clean and even more miraculous, as of Saturday morning, the truck has been running pretty well (knock on wood).  
 
Pulling apart the truck. 
Half of the truck ended up in our garage floor for the week.
Jace moving the new motor around. 
 The truck with the motor pulled out.
Little Noah wanted to get in on the truck action-look at his little hands covered in grease ha. 
If you can't tell it looks like Jace took a grease shower.

So because the truck took up so much of our time the weekend wasn’t very exciting but defiantly a busy one since we leave town tomorrow. So Friday night while Jace finished working on the truck I mowed the lawn, pulled some weeds and cleaned my kitchen cupboards. I was told by my sister-in-law that I’m a little OCD and I must admit I probably am but my kitchen cupboards are so clean and beautiful now it makes me happy. We went to bed pretty early since we were so tired but for some reason got up early Saturday morning. Saturday I cleaned the house and finished up laundry while Jace finished the truck! Then we started working on pulling all the weeds in the yard, spraying weed killer, pruning trees and laying mulch in all the flower beds. We also washed all the cars and then had the horrible job of cleaning the driveway from the truck mess. The driveway had pretty much turned black from grease and oil spots. It took a good solid hour and a half of Jace scrubbing and me power washing but it finally came pretty clean. That night we went to bed even earlier since we were both exhausted but defiantly got everything we needed to done.

Sunday morning we had church then came home to relax. I had seen these brownies on Pintrest I wanted to try so I decided to make them after church. They were ok. The cream cheese part was much stronger than I thought and when I had Jace try it his response was “They are defiantly different.” But I took them to a friend of mine who’s birthday is this weekend and she said she and her husband loved the cream cheese part (not sure if they were just being nice or really liked them). So if you like cream cheese these are the brownies for you...

Anyways long week and I’m ready to head off to Louisiana for the week. Jace does quad races every year down there and I always tag along for support and to catch up on my gossip magazines and relax. Will be sure to post pictures and video of the races.
Tuesday night Jace with his new motor.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the truck is fixed! I'll be honest I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that. Have fun on your trip reading the Hunger Games. I think you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks i'm so happy its fixed too! I already finished the book on the plane ride so now i'm starting the 2nd one :) now i'm dying to see the movie

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete