Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anthropologie DIY Necklace

Oh Pintrest-I love you so much. So I was on there the other day and I found this link with this amazing necklace tutorial. I decided I could easily make this so I went to the store to get my supplies. I found everything I needed at Michaels, except for the glass bead pendants. I went to Michaels, Ben Franklin, online and couldn’t find them anywhere (well I did find them online for $8/bead which at that point I might as well pay the $200 for the necklace from Anthroplogie). Luckily I went to Hobby Lobby and found them there! The second I got home I pulled everything out and started painting my beads while Jace watched a movie. I did probably 2-3 coats of paint and then just used clear nail polish for my protective, clear coat. In the link’s tutorial it shows her pulling apart the jump rings, I found it was easiest to kinda twist them apart then slide the pendant on and twist it back together, keeps the circle shape the best. All in all it took me a couple hours with the painting and everything but I think it turned out way cute. I’m wanting to make more colors!
I was so proud of my completed necklace! 

2 comments: