Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Well for Easter weekend every year we usually go down to the Dunes. It’s always the first big weekend of the year and Jace always gets excited. Unfortunately this year it just wasn’t happening. Jace started working on everything months ago hoping to have all his crap together by Easter but it was just not his year. He put the Teryx together about 3 times and it broke every time on him, the RZR he has been working on for awhile now as well and he just hasn’t had the time to get it all the way back together and then to top it off the Ford truck decided to die on him so he has been spending hours working on that. So long story short we didn’t go to the Dunes this weekend. It sucked but was also kinda nice because we got a lot accomplished that we needed to this weekend.

Friday night we went and saw 21 Jump Street. I thought it was pretty hilarious. The rest of the night we just came home and hung out. Then Saturday morning we got up early and went to the gym then ran to Layton to pick up a few parts Jace needed. Then we came home and I worked on cleaning up the house and spraying the weeds that have decided to take over our yard this spring, while Jace worked on the truck and RZR (see above for why). He got really far on everything and hopefully will get the rest of the truck parts in today and can finish it this week. Saturday night we ran up to Smith and Edwards to find some random stuff for the toy hauler and the upcoming camping season. We found some awesome cowboy hats (love Jace in a black hat!) and some other random things. Then we went to dinner and ran a few other errands while we were out.
I had seen this idea on Pintrest to put you nail polish/make up in an apothecia jar and I liked the idea but without a lid so I could access everything easily. I’ve been wanting to change up my master bathroom for a little bit so Saturday night I found this vase and filled it with some of my crap that has taken over my drawers. I think it’s cute and a good way to store stuff.


Sunday was Easter obviously. I gave Jace his little Easter basket I had made for him. It was filled with Cadbury Cream Eggs (his favorite), gift cards for him to go out to eat and then a long weekend booked down in Vegas at the M Resort for our ½ anniversary celebration in July. Since our anniversary is 5 days after Christmas and we never have money/time to go celebrate our anniversary, we’ve decided that we would always celebrate by taking a mini vacation mid year. We went last year and loved it so much so were going back. It was fun to surprise him with it since he had no idea. Then we went to church and that night went to my parents for Easter/my little sister’s birthday dinner. It felt like a very busy weekend but I also feel like we got a lot accomplished. I’m getting excited with this warmer weather for summer but I’m also dreading the wasps and mosquitoes that are coming out of hiding. Our house already has tons of hives being built so Jace climbed up on the roof to knock them down over the weekend. If anyone knows of good products/ideas to help keep them away let us know!
Took this while my nephew Owen was yelling "Jace get down, thats too scary to be up there!"

And I like this cute picture of the nephews enjoying the ice cream their big brother (on the right) bought for all of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment