Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mirror Project

So about a year ago Jace and I bought a huge mirror from our friends Fred and Jen that had been above their fireplace that they didn’t need anymore. We loved the size and shape of the mirror but the color of the frame didn’t quite go with our home but we couldn’t decide what color we wanted. We knew where we wanted to hang the mirror but needed to figure out what color to do. Then last week we ordered some new couches. They are chocolate brown and we found some great burnt orange pillows to go with them and then we both knew what color we wanted the mirror.
So I went to superior paint supplies last week and got some custom paint to match the pillows. Then this weekend we (mostly Jace) pulled apart the mirror and painted it the burnt orange. I think it turned out awesome and I love it. It’s defiantly a little bold on our red wall but I think it turned out great and it makes our family room more colorful. It was super simple and I’m loving it more and more every time I walk by it. So even though it sat in our house for over a year, we finally got around to it and it was worth waiting to figure out what we wanted I’m glad it’s up now.
The mirror before.
Jace working on the mirror.
The finished project, hanging on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment