Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend/Stupid Oven!

This weekend was pretty good. Friday night Jace and I went to Chipotle for dinner. I forgot how good that place is! Then we went and did some errands, nothing too exciting. Saturday was our typical clean the house, work in the garage and grocery shopping. We were pretty lazy with all the rain and snow. Later Saturday night we went to the Farmington Theater to see Contraband. I really like it a lot and for the first time ordered ice cream. If you have never had ice cream at the theater, it is actually quite a brilliant idea. 
Then Sunday we had church. After church I decided I wanted to make some Zucchini bread (see this earlier post for recipe details). I had frozen some shredded zucchini back in the fall and wanted to see how well it worked now. I mixed everything up but when I went to go put it into my oven I thought had been preheating all along, it said it was locked (it has a feature to lock the touch screen to prevent little kids from starting it). I hadn’t turned on the lock feature and Jace and I tried getting it to unlock. We looked everywhere in the manual, on the forms and everything we tried didn’t work. We tried unplugging for 6+ hours to hopefully reset the oven (didn’t work). We plugged it back in last night to maybe go through a self clean cycle (the forms recommend this-didn’t work). So this morning I woke up frustrated that my oven still is in lock mode (won’t let me do anything!). So if anyone has suggestions, recommendations or any ideas we should try I’m open to them.
Getting back to my zucchini bread though I was able to bake my loaves (1 at a time) in my toaster oven. It worked ok and they weren’t as good as usual but I figured they turned out pretty good considering the stupid oven situation. So while the oven didn’t work, the frozen zucchini from a few months ago did stay good and worked out perfectly. Hopefully tonight Jace can figure out what is wrong with it (he says he thinks it a switch board or something?) I guess we need to call a technician to come take a look at it. Overall though I would say I’m not too impressed with my GE appliances. We have the GE cafĂ© series and for what we paid for them I excepted more. Here is our oven, if anyone has experience with it let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment