Monday, July 30, 2012

That Famous Preston Rodeo!

This weekend was The Famous Preston Rodeo weekend! I’ve gone every year since I can remember. My parents both grew up in the Preston/Weston area and my grandparents are still around there so its always fun to go up there this time of year. This year was especially fun since we had so many people with us. Jace and I headed up Friday afternoon and meet up with my parents and little brother Ridge, my Aunt Sharon, my brothers girlfriend Kami and her sister Taylor, my cousin Nicole and her boyfriend Scott and my grandparents! We went to dinner and then headed over to the Rodeo. Its such a small world and we ran into tons of people from Farmington that I knew. The Rodeo was tons of fun (my favorite was the bareback horses, muttin bustin-if you’ve never heard of it they put little kids on sheep and let them loose-its hilarious, and bull riders).
Taylor, Kami and I heading to the rodeo. 
Jace and I at the Rodeo.

Saturday morning we got up and had a yummy breakfast then headed to the river to float down it on inner tubes. It was fun having a large group going down the river. After floating the river Jace, my little brother and I went over to the sidewalk sales where I introduced Jace to the best beef jerky around (Papa Jays). We walked around and then went back to my grandparents to hang out. We headed over to watch the parade and get some candy-Jace really loved the tootsie rolls! After the parade we grabbed some dinner and then walked over to the carnival for some rides! For being a small town rodeo/carnival they have some of the best rides I’ve ever been on. We went on a few and then I started to feel a little sick (maybe that Mint Oreo shake wasn’t a good idea before the spinning rides?) We said goodbye to everyone and drove home late Saturday night since we had early church we needed to get to.
Everyone after floating the river. 
At the parade.
Sunday we headed to church than came home and took a nice long nap. We did a little yard work and then went over to my mother-in-laws for dinner. My hilarious nephew Owen apparently put this on and wouldn’t change for dinner so he hung out most the night in this. It was awesome!

Captin Underwear!!!
After dinner we went home and finished up a few things around the house and outside then relaxed before bed. It was a great weekend and I’m already looking forward to next year J Also one last note, I’ve started another blog for fun that you can check out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment