Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend Update

Hmmm where to begin to cover the last weekend. We didn’t have too much going on so it was a pretty nice weekend to just relax and get things done. Friday we had Jace’s step-grandfathers funeral. It was sad to see him go but at age 90 its hard to say he didn’t live a good long life. After the funeral we ran around and did some errands then had lunch at Chili’s. Good old Chili’s is our standard plan for date night if we can’t think of anything else and since there weren’t any movies we were dying to see we went to dinner. I still love going to dinner with Jace and just hanging out even after almost 2 years of marriage (end of the year). Then Saturday morning we had our rehearsal for the Primary program. We have the 10-11 year olds. Jace and I are pretty great at singing all the songs but I must say there must be a lot of new songs since I was in Primary because they all seem new to me. Anyways, after the rehearsal we came home and cleaned the house. I love cleaning and having a clean house. Vacuumed couches, dusted blinds, scrubbed showers and everything else is the best feeling. Jace was a wonderful helper! Then I ran a million different errands while Jace played with his RC cars. When I got home we headed over to Kayton’s football game. Unfortunately we must be bad luck because they didn’t win but it was still fun to go watch.

Me and baby Noah at the football game. 
Kayton and Noah after the game

 This week we had some broccoli cheese soup which was delicious. Then I also made some yummy spinach dip for a party we went to on Saturday night. The spinach dip is really easy and great for parties. We went to Jed and Amy’s since they ordered the fight to watch. Then Sunday was the big Primary program. It went pretty well and Jace sang along the whole time! All in all it was a good relaxing weekend. Nothing too exciting in our lives but its fun none the less. Below are some of the recipes I mentioned…
The recipe for the Broccoli Cheese Soup is attributed to our old neighbor Krista Hall that she gave to my mom.
Ingredients:
Make Rue:
½ cube butter
½ cube flour
2 cups milk

8 oz. package Velveeta cheese
Salt and pepper-to taste
Carrots and broccoli

Directions:
Cook broccoli in water (save water). Make Rue. Bring all contents to boil. Serve with bread.


The Spinach Dip recipe is from my mom.
Ingredients:
1 box Knoor Leek soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
6 green onions
1 can water chestnuts chopped
1 box spinach, squeeze to drain water

Mix all together. Serve with sliced bread.

Jace and I before the party. Then the spinach dip in a bread bowl below. 

We also bought some pumpkins over the weekend. I want to carve them when it gets closer to Halloween. Also in case you were concerned about our grass as much as I am, below are some pictures of it coming in. We've put some fertilizer down so hopefully it helps it come in thicker.


No comments:

Post a Comment