Monday, May 14, 2012

Fruit Dip & Mother's Day Weekend

The past few weekends have been crazy. Luckily this weekend slowed down a bit for us. Friday night Jace and I went to Lowes to pick up some yard tools. Then we went to dinner with Jace’s cousin Cody and his wife Christine at Sonny Bryan’s.  It’s a BBQ place that has only ever been in Texas so I was pretty excited when I saw they had opened one by us.

Saturday was spent cleaning the house, working in the yard, grocery shopping and Jace working on the Truck and RZR. That night we went to dinner at Buca Di Beppo downtown with my family, Aunt Paula and Uncle Mark from California, their daughter Nicole and her boyfriend Scott along with my grandparents. It was good to see the family and have yummy food.

Then Sunday we had church first thing in the morning. When we got home we got ready for a brunch with Jace’s mom for Mother’s Day. My sister-in-law Marci made a yummy French Toast casserole and eggs. Jace and I were in charge of bacon and fruit. I made this super easy fruit dip to go with all the fresh cut fruit.

Fruit Dip
Karen Lewis

Ingredients:
8-oz cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
1-2 Tbsp. Frozen Orange juice concentrate
Dash of vanilla (add according to taste)
*can add orange rind

Directions:
Mix all together and serve with fresh fruit.
Seriously easy and delicious! After brunch we went over to my parents house since my younger brother on his mission was calling! He is in St. Louis, Missouri and has been out for almost a year now. He sounds like he is doing amazing and loves it there. It was really great to talk to him and crazy to think that this time next year he will be coming home soon. Time is flying by. We finished the night with cards and yummy food then went home to veg on the couch before the work week starts. Its going to be a busy week and I need to figure something out for Jace’s birthday since it’s this Saturday!
Jace and I before date night Friday. 
Jace's new edger-he was pretty excited about this.

Downtown Saturday with Jace. 
My little brother Ridge and sister Paige before dinner Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment